• Fit – First and foremost, as its name implies, custom is made to your measurements, your form, your posture. It is made expressly for you. Once a custom fit is experienced, it is impossible to consider returning to an off-the-peg altered garment that is rarely, if ever, "just right."
• Selection – Even if you are a 42 regular, ready-made selection is always limited and can never offer you the scope of fabrics that you will find from your tailor. He or she has hundreds of fabrics in different weights, patterns and qualities and they are all available in your size.
• Style – When was the last time you were able to choose whether you wanted a peak or notch lapel, a side, center or no vent, double-breasted, a vest or an extra pair of trousers? Or for that matter, what about something really special, like working buttonholes on your jacket sleeves and your name on the label? All of this is possible with a custom suit.
• Quality – The workmanship and hand-work, as well as the materials and trimmings that go into custom made clothing, are of exceptionally good quality that exceeds by far, what is available at ready-made.
• Individuality – Taking all of the above points into consideration, your custom tailored garment will be as individual as your own signature. There will be none like it anywhere.
• Value – Considering all of the advantages, a custom garment is truly priceless, a far better value than ready-made and in some cases even lower in price than expensive designer suits.
• Why Custom? – Read an in depth essay written by Nicholas Antongiavanni, Author of The Dandy
“I’d been in the custom Clothing business for 28 years, working for large company when I went out on my own. I knew the front end of the business very well, but after my first convention taking the business class in 2000, I realized that I needed to reorganize the “behind-the-scenes part of it. I came home closed for a week and made the changes I’d just learned. Well, I’m still standing 9 years later, and now my business is by referral only.
Paco Fernandez, Custom Clothier, Indiana
“I feel that the CTDA has been a boom for my business. Meeting others that are in the same business that we are in and listening to what has and hasn't been working for them. Of course the relationships that you build are lasting ones. It's nice to have a partner like the CTDA in my business.
Marty Mathis, Marty Mathis Direct, Minneapolis, MN
"A very warm, heartfelt thank you to all of my friends and colleagues of the CTDA. Without a doubt, I owe a large portion of my success to my membership in this prestigious organization. I never come away from a gathering of my peers, knowing less than I did the day before. Congratulations on our success, and looking forward to our continued prosperity and growth for the future."
Butch David, Lawrence David Custom Apparel, New York, NY
"Thank you CTDA for the vast knowledge, support and experience shared by all for the past 13 years. Our success in this industry is a direct result of the relationships started through our membership in the CTDA. We hope all custom clothiers will find the continued wisdom of supporting the CTDA."
Debbie Graziani, Grazi Custom Clothiers, Saint Clair Shores, MI